[TenTec] Omni VI Plus has Missing Manual Pages

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus has Missing Manual Pages
From: Maxwell Moon <maxmoon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 16:10:25 -0500
Hello,

I need copies of 3 Omni VI Plus manual pages and hope somebody out there has
the time & means to scan & send them to me as an e-mail attachment. (If or When
I receive them, I'll immediately post another message cancelling my request.)

The pages are from Chapter IV (“Circuit Descriptions & Illustrations”) of the
Omni VI Plus manual. These are the pages that comprise “Paragraph” 4-5. They
cover the 9 MHz Mixer / IF Board and describe it verbally, include a
photograph, and also a schematic. I believe the page numbers are 4-11, 4-12,
and 4-13 (although there could be a fourth page).

I have an Omni VI with the Option 3 upgrade. However, the manual was never
upgraded to an Omni VI Plus so it still shows the board in question with just
one narrow filter, not two.

This has become a problem because I’m doing the Inrad roofing filter mods don’t
know how to set up the jumpers JG1 and JG2. I fell into the trap I now see is
obvious: in order to remove the 9 MHz filters I had to take out both jumpers.
Now that I want to replace them, I see that my manual is “out of date” & I
can’t find even a hint of how the jumpers should be plugged in.

Thanks very much & 73,

Max, k0max
maxmoon at earthlink dot net