Re: [TenTec] Orion and ALS-600

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and ALS-600
From: Bruce Small <bsmall@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:15:12 -0400
Hi, Bob.

I have been using the Orion and ALS-600 combination for a bit over a year.
The only frustration is that the amplifier has a nice ALC function but
the Orion doesn't seem to have a way to take advantage of it. But then,
if you are operating CW you will turn it off anyway.
I would say just watch your power so as not to overdrive the amplifier,
and have fun.

Contact me if you have any specific questions.

Bruce KM2L

Bob Cunnings wrote:

>Anyone here using an Orion with an Ameritron ALS-600 amp? If so, are there
>any gotchas with that particular transceiver/amp pairing? (I'm a cw
>Bob NW8L
>TenTec mailing list

TenTec mailing list