[TenTec] Orion "bashing"

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion "bashing"
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 20:33:21 -0400

The flavor of this reflector has changed over the past few months and
for that I am a bit sad.  I am a two year owner of an Orion.  I bought
the Orion because of what I read on this reflector.  Bill, Tommy and
Grant come to mind as thoughtful and honest in answering lots of
questions by lots of folks.  I like to think that since I have learned
much from them that I too have helped others with their decision, or
with understanding the Orion operation.

Tommy said it very well.  Just because we discuss problems does not mean
he (we) are bashing the item.  No other manufacturer that I know of
monitors the traffic like TT does this one.  TT is working on the very
minor and a few major issues, and when they are ready the next firmware
release will make it a much better radio....and the bashing, discovering
new problems, finding work arounds, learning how to get the most out of
the radio etc etc etc will start all over again.

Yes, most of the discussed items are for many of us are a 1 or 2 on a
100 scale.....that should not discourage anyone.  I know it does and so
be it.  Orion owners are better for it, and I am certain that the Orion
will be better for it in the long run.

I hope and pray that we continue this very valuable discussion in civil
terms and we respect one anothers opinions, even if we disagree.

Okay, I now will get off my soapbox.  73 bob de w9ge