Re: [TenTec] re should i buy an orion now

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] re should i buy an orion now
From: "George Skoubis" <george.skoubis@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 00:31:36 -0500
If you have to agonize this long about it you probably shouldn't buy one...

Even if you keep it a year and decide to sell it the most you could possible
lose is 1k (if you're in a hurry to sell).

That's not even $3.00 a day...

If some of you don't like the Orion, don't buy one...  What's the use
writing emails to this reflector trying to convince those of us that are
happy with our Orions that we're crazy?

Mine works fine. I get great signal reports and have had many, many comments
about my great ssb audio and/or strong signal.  I don't solicit audio
comments (unless I am trying out a new mic, etc) and I'm not a "my rig is x,
my antenna is x, my power is x" type of operator either.

I had an Omni VI+ and really liked it.  I made lots of contacts but didn't
get anywhere near the comments I have with my Orion.

I operate mainly in the fall/winter months but haven't had to do a master
reset since the 1.372 firmware came out.

I'm sure there are many other happy owners on the reflector that just get
tired of justifying that they really don't have that many problems...

73,

George / KF9YR