Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RFI question for Orion and other TT rigs
From: "Tommy Alderman" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 22:52:52 -0400
Roy,

One of the best and easiest ways to avoid "RF in your shack" is to make
sure that one half the length of your antenna plus the total length of
your feed line is NOT an odd quarter wavelength long. The reason for
that is if that total is an odd quarter wavelength, you will have a
maximum voltage field in your shack. The second most easiest thing to
avoid is do not let the end of any of your antennas terminate directly
over your shack, as that too, is a high voltage field point.

Tommy - W4BQF