Re: [TenTec] Zero beating aids

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Zero beating aids
From: "Tommy Alderman" <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:04:54 -0400
Tunewin really works well for zero beating to within +/- 10 hz or so. I
have never developed the 'skill' to match tones, my best success with
zero beating was with the Corsair 2 where I could actually hear the tone
approaching zero beat. But just can not match tones at 500 or 700 Hz.

A simple RCA connectered cable from my Omni 6 Plus audio output into my
sound card provides me with a variable width & height display that you
can position anywhere on your PC screen. You can change the center
frequency presentation to match that of your rig's offset. You simply
tune your rcvr until the rcvd signal lines up with your center frequency
marker, and your zero beat.

It's turned out to be one of the best little 'tools' I have on my PC
(along with Spectrgram). And it's freeware!

Tommy - W4BQF