Re: [TenTec] vertical dipoles

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] vertical dipoles
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:33:53 -0700
Thanks Rob, hadn't seen this one yet.

Just one addition to what L.B. wrote.
If you extend the vertical dipole to 2x 6m lengths (instead of the 2x 5m
lengths as L.B. describes), the antenna also works well on 40m.  If you
extend it even more, it works better on 40m but at the cost of performance
on 10m.  If I recall correctly (it's been 8 years since I looked at the
modeling of this thing), it begins to raise the elevation level of the lobes
on 10m as it becomes longer.  As it turns out, 2x 6m is the best compromise
to work all bands from 40m thru 10m.

73
Rick