Re: [TenTec] Tuner for Centurion to balanced antenna

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tuner for Centurion to balanced antenna
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 03:02:45 -0700
Again, to piggy-back Tom, let me stress that it is always a bad idea to use
a tuner's built-in balun at anything near its rated power limit.  As a rule
of thumb, I use about 20 to 30 percent (although I try not to use them at
all).  The problem is, these things must be kept small to fit inside the
cabinet and they don't get much air in there either.  USE AN EXTERNAL BALUN
(if you use a balun at all).

Bob, K4TAX, recently described (here on the reflector) a super balun made
entirely of coax.  Use something like that.

73
Rick