Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 7/20/05: Ten-Tec announces ORION II
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:00:22 -0500
>>From the introduction of the Orion until present day, my concerns about
>>price/usability/bugs have kept me from becoming an Orion owner.

I can understand this,  yet on the otherhand,  I've enjoyed the benifits of
the Orion I for nearly 2 years and will enjoy the added benifits of the
Orion II when they ship.

Being somwhat serious about contesting/DX hunting,  I've proven to myself
that the Orion's receiver is far better than anything out there.

If an Orion III comes along in 2 or 3 years,  I'll probably go for that too
if it gives me an advantage.

The OMNI D was the ultimate rig in its time,  now they are $300 on the
market,  can't last forever,  technology moves on.

Best wishes,
Rich
K5SF