[TenTec] Corsair II VFO

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II VFO
From: john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:26:42 -0400
I wish I was wealthy enough to feel bad about the Orion/Orion II situation, but
alas it's not to be.

My  Corsair II VFO does not slip at all,  (it was back to the factory 1.5 yrs
ago, according to the paperwork I got from the previous owner) but does
have a bit of backlash in it.  I'm familiar with the PTO grease issue (I rebuilt
the VFO in my Triton IV and it's external VFO) but I never noted backlash.
It's feels kind of like if the shaft was slightly rubbery, but I know it's not.

Are the PTO mechanics in the Corsair II substantually different from
those in the other TT gear of the era?  Is there anything that would
cause it to be susceptable to having a backlash issue?

Thanks all!
John K5MO