[TenTec] TenTec] [OT] FCC says CW dead?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec] [OT] FCC says CW dead?
From: "Icom 765" <icom765@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:56:01 -0400
"I think the cw will be around for a long time to come, its a pride thing for hams."

tom N6AJR

Sorry Tom, I'm MUCH more skeptical than you. Two reasons ... The ARRL is now pushing their "new and improved" band plan on the FCC, and the second was stated quite clearly by Tommy:

"The other frightening thing is their 'new'
definition of the amateur radio service. You notice that it is no
longer considered an emergency communication vehicle."

That it a sad message considering it was the ONLY way emergency services were communicating right after hurricane Charlie last year.

It's quite obvious the band plan IS going to change. I just wonder how much and will amateur radio become a secondary service on some of our already alloted frequencies?

I'm sure CW will live on ... just with how much bandwidth.

73 Mike