[TenTec] Return policy

To: <Tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Return policy
From: "WD4K" <WD4K2@Charter.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:56:30 -0500
Since owing one of the first (#52) Orions, I have read virtually every
posting to this list for the past two years. I can tell you without a doubt,
there are 10 or 15 venom infested hams with obvious agendas that Ten Tec
should not sell a knob to, much less a radio. (remember the "out of round"
knob issue??? SHEEESH!!  Too funny!
I could easily write the list from memory but chose not to do that. They are
easy to spot. Review the archives and you can easily find that when you see
some of the callsigns..over and over again, you know that the message is
nasty, insulting, degrading, sarcastic namecalling and intentionally meant
to harm Ten Tec and their loyal patrons...before you ever even read it. They
are consistent!!  Check out the first year of Orion/Ten Tec hating garbage
and nonsense. I think someone sometime back referred to them as the dirty
dozen...very appropriate!!
My Real Estate company, besides normal business also does a lot of historic
renovations, thus for years we have bought a LOT of material from Depot and
Lowes. Several years ago they began to enforce a policy to check out returns
from frequent "returnees".  Bob, TAX is correct. When we show them the
receipts from mass quantities of materials and the reason for the returns
are logical, we have had no problems whatsoever. They have been very
accommodating. I personally know numerous subcontractors who constantly
abuse the return policy so that it is now their normal course of
business...Home Depot and Lowes serve them as "free" rental agencies...and
we ALL pay for it. Intentionally abusing the Ten Tec return policy is just
low class nonsense!
I support Ten Tec making an informed decision about to whom they sell
anything...Good common sense and in some cases, good defense.
As far as the Orion/Orion 2 issue. I have my thoughts and have expressed
them to Scott privately...The "nice" Scott :)..not the other one.
Tommy WD4K