Re: [TenTec] Astron RS-35M and Omni VI

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Astron RS-35M and Omni VI
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <n4nt_m_o_hyder@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:59:50 -0400
Of course, I don't know why he did it but can suggest one possibility.  The
RS-35 was prone to RF interference which entered the supply by way of the
negative output.  In the early RS-35 supplies, the negative post was not
connected to the chassis but was connected to a pin of the regulator IC.

If Dave was troubled by RF adversely affecting his supply, perhaps the
resistor cured the trouble.  Astron suggested grounding the negative post to
the chassis for the same reason but many never got word of that suggestion.

73, Mike N4NT