[TenTec] INRAD ROOFING FILTER FOR OMNI V

To: "Ten Tec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] INRAD ROOFING FILTER FOR OMNI V
From: "David Hammond" <dhhdeh@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 19:34:00 -0400
Hi Rick et al.,

Your plan will work flawlessly for the Omni V.9. As you know I have done the NB
switch switch and will be doing the NB pot replacement in a few days.

IMO the Omni V.9 is better than the Omni VI etc because the NR circuit is out
of the IF chain, i.e there is No NR.  The Omni VI and VI+ leaves NR in the IF
chain even when off and degrades the fidelity of the audio greatly. that's one
of the many reasons why SSB on the VI sounds so pinched.

This rig remains one of my favorite receivers after doing Carl's fabulous CPU
swap.

Will post my results of the pot change out in a few days.

73 de N1LQ