[TenTec] paragon aux issue

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] paragon aux issue
From: ron <roncasa@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:32:23 -0400
I really believe the aux connector in question to be "opened", not
short. If current is drawn exceeding the rating, the trace "opens"
removing a path for current to flow.
If a component becomes defective prior to the "open", that component may
cause a "short", that is, a path to ground.
It is good practice to use a meter and measure that for any path to
ground prior to replacing/repairing the "fuse".
However, I suspect someone may have connect a device requiring more
current than supplied by the radio. Accidents happen. (smile)
As pointed out, a simple trace repair or fuse addition may be all that
is needed.
Good luck!
Ron wb1hga
"CW, an esoteric experience"