Re: [TenTec] OMNI-C frequency unstable

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI-C frequency unstable
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:18:39 -0700
Thanks Mike for the good leads and the encouragement. I've been up late
tonight working on her and put it back together and worked PSK31 with it for
about 30 minutes and it behaved well.  Hmmm... now if I just knew what I did
that actually solved it I'd tell you.  Any way, I sprayed all the POTS and
unplugged and plugged in circuit boards, especially the VFO amp and the
Oscillator boards.  Those have band switches and are harder to remove, but
all for a good cause eh?  Also unplugged the crystals and stuff.  Checked
out the diodes in the circuits and generally poked and prodded everything.
Put the lids on and hooked it up and so far it is behaving nicely.  No noise
on the receiver and the heat sinks are almost to hot to hold on to.  I just
don't know what it is that caused the problem, but for now she is up and
running like a new rig, so if it is working don't fix it, right?
73 and thanks.
Ron
KA7U