Re: [TenTec] Omni V digital readout alignment

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V digital readout alignment
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:12:53 -0400
Hello Mike and welcome to the list.

When I hear this type question, I can't help but ask my
ex-engineering question: "How do you know your 40 Hz off?" The reason
for the question is pretty simple, you have to have an extremely good
calibrated frequency counter and take into account the tolerances of
that counter and its own frequency read out.

However, if your sure you off by 40 hz on all bands, probably the
best way to fix that is by very carefully calibrating the Omni V's
basic crystal oscillator as precisely as you can with either 10 or 15 MHz WWV.

Regardless Mike, it is fun to tinker, isn't it?

Tommy - W4BQF