[TenTec] Orion v2.0

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion v2.0
From: Max Maxwell <k5pp@orx.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 16:30:17 +0000
Gentlemen,
I had the pleasure of attending W4PN's excellent presentation on Ten
Tec and the Orion (II) at the Texas DX meeting recently.  He did not
spend much time talking about differences between the Orion and the
Orion II, since except for the color screen this is a marginal
upgrade, with NO difference in receiver performance.  I was glad to
hear that TT has a supply of parts (including Orion processors) and
future repairs won't be a problem.  The real upgrade will be v2.0,
and Scott appeared to be very pleased with his alpha testing.  As for
beta testers having an Orion II to work with, he said TT would not
even let HIM take one home.
73 Max K5PP