[TenTec] Orion Ad

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Ad
From: "Ron Spencer" <ronspencer@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:13:27 -0400
 Rob said
> It is more than strange, it's bizarre.   Am I to understand there is a
> display ad in QST that either doesn't show the rig, or shows the Orion 1?
> These guys have to get their act together when it comes to rolling out
> a new rig.  It looks like they are rushing out the O2 the way they did the
O1.
> This is almost comical.   Maybe they are still figuring out how the front
> panel should look but want advance orders to start coming in.

Rob, your comment is a perfect example of why TenTec should not disclose ANY
of the information about beta testing (recall the long string about that a
while back). You see something and immediately criticize and insult TenTec
for their approach.

I too see nothing wrong with the ad. It shows a hint of what's to come. It’s
a teaser. Just like the car ads showing a car under a car cover. As someone
else pointed out ads have to be to magazines months before the issue is
mailed. Perhaps TenTec didn't have a photo ready. Perhaps they did but
didn't want to show it yet. Rob, you seem to be quite upset with TenTec and
the Orion. My advice: sell it and be happier with any other radio. Or
perhaps take up another hobby that won't get you so upset.

Ron
N4XD