Re: [TenTec] RX-320D 3rd party software

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX-320D 3rd party software
From: "Bill Gode, Sr." <w9nhq@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:43:38 -0500
Check out AB9B's excellent (and free) Scan 320 software.  I've been running
it for years with my RX-320 and it has been completely stable and reliable.
Tom includes some interesting Utility frequency lists (military, aircraft,
government) for those times when you might want to tune (scan) outside the
ham bands.

http://www.qsl.net/ab9b/

Tom also has KF5OJ's original RX-320 software (also free) on his site.
Clifton's software has always been highly regarded and the virtual radio GUI
is very neat.

For computer-enhanced SWLing, both of the above packages also include
integrated database programs that can tell you which shortwave broadcast
stations are on at any given time, where to find them and/or who you are
listening to on any particular frequency.

The RX-320 is an amazing little receiver, especially with combined with the
right software.

73,

Bill, W9NHQ