Re: [TenTec] New Rig

To: mgoins@mail.ev1.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Rig
From: Mike Brown <k9mi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:36:00 +0000
Congratulations on the new 544 Mike. That was my second ham radio, with
the Century 21 being the first. If you are going to use a D-104 on it, I
would try to find one that isn't amplified. They tend to overdrive, but
will at least work with the gain turned down. Another one I liked with
the older Ten Tec rigs is the Shure 444. Oops, I lied. Mine that I
bought new was a 540. Later, I had a 544 with the remote VFO. Enjoy!

73, Mike K9MI