Re: [TenTec] open wire feed line

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] open wire feed line
From: "NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:25:34 -0700
Paul, just a word of caution when sourcing the stuff.
Although it all looks alike, there are huge differences in construction and
quality.  If someone is much cheaper, believe me, it because they have an
inferior product.

I have had terrible experience using ladderline that had a single copper or
copperweld conductor.  It broke about once per year.  Far superior are the
ones using several smaller strands to achieve the needed thickness.  These
come in at least 3 sizes and for permanent installations, the bigger the
better.

I sourced mine from Radio Works.

73
Rick