[TenTec] 247 tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 247 tuner
From: "Paul DeWitte K9OT" <k9ot@mhtc.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:13:26 -0500
Mike, is that the one that looks similar to the 291 tuner? If it is, I
believe it is the predesesor to the 291 and has the same insides. Just an
earlier model of the same thing. I am not sure who told me that but I
thought it was someone at T T.

IF that is true, we have 2 of the 291 tuners that we use when portable and
they work fine. I think about 100 or 200 watts max.  They have tuned
everything that we tried on them but our use has been limited as we try to
use resonant antennas.

No SWR bridge but I go by the one in the radio anyway. I think the going
price is around $40-$60 and worth it.

Good luck
73 Paul K9OT