Re: [TenTec] [FWD: RE: More Orion II Pics]

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [FWD: RE: More Orion II Pics]
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:49:26 -0500
> > It might be more interesting if the functionality of the
> display were
> > more on a par with a PROII/III with all of the metering displayed
> > simultaneously, but, then again, the metering is on the
> Orion's actual
> > meter is just basic.

I guess we're going to go through the "display" wars all over again with the
O-II :-(

It would be interesting and educational to know just what you feel is
missing, and if it is is missing, how you would use it every day (the
operative word is "use", as opposed to "look at") to increase your operating
effectiveness and/or pleasure.  Don't just say that graphic S-meters would
be better, I'm interested in substance rather than artistry :-)

Or perhaps, being mostly an old heavy iron guy,  I simply don't have an
appreciation for the fine points of the modern ham shack  :-)

Grant/NQ5T
http://www.globeking.com
http://www.globeking.com/pro310