[TenTec] ORION LOW FRQUENCIES

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION LOW FRQUENCIES
From: "Ascani Adriano" <adrianoascani@virgilio.it>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:39:39 +0200
HI,
is normal that the ORION is completely deaf under 720 Khz, when in the
specifications sheet  TENTEC says: Frequency range: 100 kHz-30 MHZ . The
JUPITER is a bit superior. but in the range 100 kHz-1700 kHz the very very old
YAESU FRG 7700 and TE 430 S  are unbeatable. Can someone tell me if my ORION is
defective or, this , is an ORION  feature ?
Another question: what means that in AM mode the real  BW is is double than
what the display shows, is this  another defect?
Anyway i am happy to have this rig, and i enjoy working with it ?
73 de
IZ6FWF
Ascani Adriano
Italy