Re: [TenTec] need info on connecting 301 encoder and PC toOmni VI Plus

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] need info on connecting 301 encoder and PC toOmni VI Plus
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 15:49:37 -0400
I'm using using a homebrew encoder and PC with a homebrew Y cable to to my
Omni VI.  As I recall, even though the Omni VI uses a DB25 connector, the
pins are not standard RS232 wiring. There are separate pins for the encoder
and for the PC and maybe even some other signals, the only reason for the Y
cable is to bring the different pins to the appropriate connector. Other
than possibly the ground connection, there shouldn't be any pins in common
on the PC and encoder ends of the Y cable.

73,
Mark