Re: [TenTec] Shielded Twin Lead

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Shielded Twin Lead
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 13:24:09 -0600
Check out the following page at Fair Radio Sales,
http://www.fairradio.com/wirean.htm<http://www.fairradio.com/wirean.htm>
Scroll down about 20% of the page and you will find BELDEN "CITY COLOR"
SHIELDED TWIN-LEAD TV WIRE; two 26 AWG 7X34 stranded copper-covered steel
conductors with Beldfoil shield.  Recommended for VHF-UHF-FM use in high
interference metro areas.  75 ft (3 lbs), $8.00.  I have used a run of this
cable to continue the ladder-line feedline from my 268 foot center fed zepp
through my house to my "second shack" in the garage where I connect it to a
typical transmatch.  I just connect it to the end of the nominal 450 ohm
open-wire feeder when I need to.  I have approximately 30 feet of it running
through the house adjacent to other house wiring.  I have not made any
measurements on it for loss, but I can tell you that it does function on 80, 40
and 20 meters.  I use transmitters all the way from about 2 watts out from my
Argonaut 505 to 200 watts out of my Glo
 be King 275, and I have never had any trouble with the line breaking down,
either internally or to anything else.  I also have no indications of any undue
amount of RF in the house wiring.

Jim Hanlon, W8KGI