Re: [TenTec] Centurion Squeal and Oscillation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion Squeal and Oscillation
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:21:35 -0500
I don't recall the details of the original post but I seem to remember that
the problem was on 40M and did not appear on other bands.  This raises the
question of how does the fan being loose relate to 40M only?

As to input cable length, I'd expect that certain lengths, depending on
source Z  loading, Orion output vs. Omni VI output, might have some effect
relating to a feedback path.  On the other hand, in receive the Centurion
input should be disconnected via the T/R relay.  Haven't looked at the
schematics.

While the problem seems to be corrected, the explanation, approach and
application does not seem to be technically satisfied to me.  Need to look
into it a bit further to satisfy my quest for information.

73
Bob, K4TAX