[TenTec] OmniVI band info for WARC question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OmniVI band info for WARC question
From: <k7gt@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:36:21 -0400
I am attempting to set up a SO2R station using TT OmniVIs
and a Herc II / Titan for amps. I also wish to be able to
use the same setup on the WARC bands, especially 30m.
I can use the band output info from the rig but it only
tells me 40/30, 17/15, etc. Has anyone worked out a way to
get separate band info for all the bands or perhaps a
single output to tell whether the WARC  or  'contest band'
choice has been made. (One could use a set of relays to select or condition the
outputs as to WARC or 'contest' if
one had an output telling which was chosen) I have studied
the schematics a bit and know the info is there 'inside'
the radio but am just not current enough with electronics
to get out the soldering iron and tackling it myself.

No, moving up to an Orion (or two) is just not an option.

73  Allan K7GT