Re: [TenTec] 6 Meter Operation

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 6 Meter Operation
From: "Frank Holladay" <holladayfd@multipro.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:37:10 -0600
Caitlin,
I will have to agree with you re antennas.  During the early 1960's, I
managed to confitm 42 states and 4 countries using only a Heathkit Sixer.  I
was never able to get more than 2.5 watts out and coupled with the
superregenerative receiver, the antenna was the difference.  I was using
long boom 5 element yagi at 50 feet.  Also, my elevation of 2,000 feet on a
hilltop  helped.
73,
Frank, K4VMO