[TenTec] ARRL FTdx9000 ETR

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ARRL FTdx9000 ETR
From: John R <W3ULS@3n.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 08:13:29 -0800
Bob:

I think a lot of hams actually use rigs before deciding which ones
they prefer. I am not in the category of John, W5GI, who has run
through over 1,000, but I have used a bunch in the past four years.
W5GI's current main rig is the Flex Radio; mine is another W5GI
favorite, the Japan Radio JST-245. I still have an OMNI VI, a Mark V
Field, and a TS-570S(G).

CW will always be around, of course. I use it 90% of the time myself.
But I'm 68. Trends do not promise a growing cohort of CW mavens worth
marketers' time is my point. ICOM's success with its new platform
will be easily measured by looking at its annual reports for the next
few years. It hasn't laid an egg yet . . .

73,
John, W3ULS