[TenTec] Slightly raspy receive audio in omni-V.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Slightly raspy receive audio in omni-V.
From: "Darwin, Keith" <Keith.Darwin@goodrich.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:12:43 -0500
Hi guys,

The Omni V I picked up is showing a bit of raspiness on RX for both SSB
and CW.  I tried two different speakers and headphones, but the problem
remained.  The TS-830s sounds smooth and pure in comparison.  TenTec
says the rig should be clean and suggested it might possibly be the chip
that does the notch function.  Apparently it has a way of inducing some
noise into the signal path.

I did have the PS on the left side which I've since learned may not be a
good idea.  I'll try it again with the PS on the right or as far away as
possible.  I did not check the audio out on the back of the rig but will
do that as well.

Any experience you guys can add?

And yes, I am running with AGC on and the NB off.

- Keith -