Re: [TenTec] cw settings

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] cw settings
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:20:41 -0500
NW8L wrote:

 >but if I can't trust the user interface indications
then I want measurement data so I can vary the parameter
as I wish with confidence.

         Good for you and thanks for sharing the data.
As I said in my original post, Orion's actual Rise/Fall
times are about half what the 3-10 settings say and
Ten-Tec is aware of this problem.  Let's hope they
fix the firmware soon to indicate actual and also
remove settings which are too short for clean CW.
Someone said they were using "3" which would be
1.8 ms according to your measurements.  I hope TT
will limit Orion's capability to set Rise/Fall less
than ~4 ms actual.

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV