Re: [TenTec] TenTec CQWW CW

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec CQWW CW
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:38:27 -0500
Malcolm wrote:  Much as I love cw contesting,

Not sure what this has to do with TT, except the Orion is a superb cw contest
radio.  The objective in cq ww is to work as many in the world as possible,
with worldwide competition.  It is the number 1 contest each year.  If you
don't like working literally hundreds of say W's or DL's or VE's find something
you do enjoy doing.  I S&P the entire contest, searching for countries. My
objective is not score but DXCC entities and zones.  I will never win it, for
that is not my objective. DXCC and WAZ on as many bands as I can is my thing.
It is the one weekend a year when the family knows I am going to be on the
radio.  I operate as many contests as I can, but this one goes on the calendar
and stays there.  73 bob de w9ge