Re: [TenTec] Advise Please (Omni V)

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Advise Please (Omni V)
From: "Darwin, Keith" <Keith.Darwin@goodrich.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:53:05 -0500
I too have the Omni V.  Mine has the standard 2.4 KHz filter plus
optional 1.8 KHz filters in both IF slots.  Here's what I've seen.

6.3 MHz 1.8 KHz - Doesn't seem to be quite a sharp as the 9 MHz filter.
I hear a bit more lows and highs through this filter.  IF shift works OK
with this filter and provides useful QRM fighting capabilities.

9 MHz 1.8 KHz - Passes less highs & lows than the 6.3 MHz version.  IF
shift seems pretty useless with just this filter.

Both filters - The amount of high & low cut is large and intelligibility
suffers to some extent.  IF shift works well with both filters but the
limited intelligibility means you don't have much room to shift the IF
before you can't understand what they're saying.  Headphones are
recommended.

- Keith -