Re: [TenTec] Looking for a Begali Simplex Mono Key

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looking for a Begali Simplex Mono Key
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 23:44:03 -0600
> The discussion is definitely about some top in keys.  I
> wonder if anyone can compare the March paddles and the Begali ones?

I have a relatively early J. M. March -- made before he started putting
serial numbers on them and have had it for many years.  Same basic design,
but not sure how it compares with the current production in terms of
refinement.  I also have a Begali Signature.

While both are excellent keys, the Begali is by far the finest key I've ever
had the pleasure to use.  A Profi-2, G4ZPY VHS, Jones, and several others
are gathering dust since the Begali arrived -- as is the Begali since I
shipped my Orion off in early October, thinking (silly me!) that the II
would be shipping soon after :-)

Grant/NQ5T