[TenTec] v2.0 firmware, Ten-Tec serivce and UPS

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] v2.0 firmware, Ten-Tec serivce and UPS
From: "Chuck Chandler" <charles_chandler@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 06:13:38 -0600
As promised, I am reporting on my Original Orion Classic One... it came back
from service last night.  The firmware remains v1.372.  It seems what I got was
indeed the board mod in anticipation of v2.0.

Just a quick bit of dap for Ten-Tec service - I sent my rig off Tuesday 12/6.
Ten-Tec received it on Thursday 12/8.  When I called on Friday 12/9 to make
sure they had gotten it it was already on the bench and they told me what was
wrong with it.

Monday 12/12 it had finished the 24 hour burn in and was waiting final tests.
I got an email Tuesday 12/13 that it was all done.  It shipped out Wednesday
12/14 and I got it back last night, Friday, 12/16.  Ten days from door to door.
 They got it on a Thursday and finished it the next Tuesday, 4 working days.

YMMV, but that is very impressive in my book and they deserve the credit.

UPS dropped it off around 1930 local - just a few minutes after I put KP5 in
the log using the FT-920.  No damage.