Re: [TenTec] sdr'S

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] sdr'S
From: "Darwin, Keith" <Keith.Darwin@goodrich.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:00:31 -0500
I do SW for a living.  Bugs are a way of life.  They happen and cannot
be eliminated.  You can follow good process do testing at different
levels, etc., but still they are there.

In my world I find the HW is pretty simple, the SW is quite complex.  SW
brings so much more capability to the table and by George we'll push it
to the limits.  The more complex the system, the greater the chance
(probability) of bugs.

The processor board with 20 chips and 100 glue logic parts is
manageable.  The 128,000 bytes of SW that runs on that board is far more
complex and nearly impossible to exhaustively test ... at least at a
price we're willing to pay.

Now, it's back to writing more bugs ... er, um, code.

- Keith -