[TenTec] 1208 kit PCB Fault

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1208 kit PCB Fault
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:39:16 -0800
Recently I constructed a Ten-Tec 1208 6 metre transverter kit.  I ran into
problems with the tuning of the transmit stage.   (Factory staff were there
to offer assistance, however, they were not able to solve my particular
problem.)  After much troubleshooting I found what I believe is a PC board
fault.  I have written up the problem and solution on my website.

   http://www3.telus.net/ve7tk/1208%20mod.pdf

If you are building a 1208 transverter kit you may want to consult the
article to determine if you have a potential problem with your PCB.  After
modifying the PCB I had a successful 6 metre QSO last evening so the
transverter is now working quite nicely.

Finally, I have informed Ten-Tec of the problem.

Season's Greetings to all!

73,

Rick
VE7TK