[TenTec] Orion II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II
From: W9MWS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:13:29 EST
My new Orion II arrived late yesterday!  I got it unpacked today when  I got
back home from cold and snowy Chicago.

It's been on the air for about 4 hours on all bands.  A couple of  contacts
on 20 went well.  CW on 40 was great!  I added no optional  filters BUT called
TT late this afternoon and ordered the 1.8 and 600  filters.  I do like the
display ... while I had no problem with the  monochrome screen on my original
Orion I find that I really do prefer the  color.  The sweep appears to operate
much more "quickly" than the original  also.  Now if I could only remember
where I put all my set up data that I  wrote down from my original Orion before
shipped it off for trade in, I'd be  REALLY happy!  This CRS is killing me!

I'm off from now until after the new year so there will be plenty of time  to
play with the new radio!

Thanks Ten-Tec for this great PRE Christmas surprise.  It sure looks  like
the wait was well worth it!

73 to all and best wishes for a very Merry Christmas and a joyful and
prosperous New Year!

Mike, W9MWS
Fort Wayne, IN