[TenTec] OMNI-D problem

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-D problem
From: dnelsen@integra.net
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 00:14:17 -0800 (PST)
Hi Patti,  I had a similar problem with my OMNI-A.  The fix was to remove
the crystals from their sockets and to reflow the solder around each of
the crystal sockets.  Also reflow around the bandswitch wafer up front
around the front wafer.  There is some stress here and over the years
stress cracks can occur.  They are invisible to the naked eye.  If
cleaning doesn't work than try my suggestion.  As I recall it was
necessary to partially remove the bandswitch board for better access.
Good Luck and Happy Holidays.  Dave AB0N