[TenTec] Using the D104 with the Orion II.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Using the D104 with the Orion II.
From: "Frederick M. Mott" <ab8ah@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:41:22 -0500
I have a Silver Eagle D104 that I wired up for the Orion II.  I changed the
internal wiring within the D104 so that the +10 DC on pin 2 of the Orion II
microphone connector replaces the D104 internal battery.  No more batteries.
I also changed the D104 wiring so that the crystal element is always on so
that VOX can be used without having the PTT switch on.  I have received good
audio reports with the D104.