[TenTec] Orion II - Initial Reactions and Impressions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II - Initial Reactions and Impressions
From: "Roland Guidry" <na5q@w5ddl.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 20:17:12 -0600
Well I am sorry I started so much discussion on the S Meter. I have moved
on...

I am now noticing a few things that someone may help me with:

Has anyone noticed that when adjusting the L. F. Rolloff with the SSB Tx
Filter BW set for 3150 Hz that the transmit frequency changes? I had someone
who knows my voice pattern assist me last night and when I changed the L.F.
Rolloff, he had to use his RIT to follow me. Is this suppose to happen? A
different BW does not matter!

Orion II has a menu option to allow tracking of VFO A's PBT and BW to VFO B.
That works fine. Does anyone know how to track the mode from VFO A to VFO B.
Seems when working split or in contest, I would want VFO B to be in the same
mode as VFO A. It would be very easy to leave VFO B in a different mode by
mistake.

I have had no flicker or problems with any of the colors. I have use Color
#3 all day with no problem.

That's all for now!

73, de Roland NA5Q