Re: [TenTec] Radio Science + QSK = Radar

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Science + QSK = Radar
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:28:30 -0500
Joel -

I usually think of "scattering" as  an incoherent process arising from
many small scattering centers (density fluctuations).  When you hear a
clear echo, the response is fairly coherent (with a single delay
value, not too spread out).  It's more like a "reflection" than
(back-)scattering.  Maybe it amounts to the same thing if most of the
scattering centers are at approximately the same range.

I think it is interesting that this kind of physics is accessible to a
ham QSK op with a little aluminum up in the air.  I spent a lot of
years using radiotelescopes that were somewhat more upscale.

73 Martin AA6E

--
martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net