Re: [TenTec] Radio Science + QSK = Radar

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Radio Science + QSK = Radar
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 00:01:13 -0500
QSK is very helpful, because you hear the echo after every dit or dah.
 (It's pretty distracting to hear echoes while sending.)  I never
heard it with my old non-QSK rig with a slow R/T relay.  I don't think
you need a "superstation" to hear the effect, but an antenna with
directivity and low angle takeoff should help.  I use a barefoot Orion
with a 3-el SteppIR looking out over salt water, 40 ft above ground,
60 ft above sea level.

73 Martin AA6E

martin.ewing@gmail.com
http://blog.aa6e.net