Re: [TenTec] LW receiver

To: "TenTecReflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LW receiver
From: "Ron" <ron@morell.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:21:43 -0800
Thanks For this information Bob.  I don't have a metal tower or guy lines,
as I'm using wooden masts to support the antenna, but certainly several
places along the way that might detect and mix strong AM broadcast stations,
especially at night.  The most likely place for this signal detection and
hetrodyne mixing is probably in the SG 230 tuner or the MFJ Deluxe Versa
Tuner, which is only used for a switch to a dummy load anyway.  So when the
sun shines, off I go with soldering iron in hand to recook all coax and wire
connections along the way and take out and test each item of equipment
involved along the transmission line.

Ron KA7U