[TenTec] Argo V receive messed up

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argo V receive messed up
From: William <wjsmorrison@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 19:59:27 -0800
Hi all,

My new to me, Argonaut V is not performing up to my expectations.  For the
first few days I wrote it off to band conditions.  Then, on 20 m I was able
to hear a W6 station all over the band.  My QTH is British Columbia so that
is not a local signal.

I tried to set up PSK without success, loaded up the long wire for some CW
where at least I could discern sufficient signals.  The noise level on the
lower bands has been S5 and S7 and signals are rarely much above that.
Nothing heard on bands above 20 m.  Only able to copy a PSK signal on two
occasions, ever so briefly.

Tonight on 80 m a strong, 20 over S9 station was all over the band with
signals appearing every 5 khz.  Never heard that before in any of my rigs. I
know he was local.

 In checking just now with an S3 noise level even s6 or s5 signals appear
every 5 khz with no signals ever stronger than s5 anywhere while listening.
I can follow the same weak conversation up the band as I tune so it is not
overload, these are not local stations, they are down in Washington State or
beyond.

I did a master reset earlier this evening and things are the same.  Still
have not yet had a qso and can't determine where the fundamental frequency
is for anyone I hear.

Any suggestions or things to try would be appreciated.

73,

Bill
VE7BER