[TenTec] Omni VI pulse

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI pulse
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 02:37:35 +0000
My Omni VI used to put out a 75 w. pulse on mic keying and a bit smaller one on unkeying the mic in ssb. there are two little single turn pots in the back on a board near the bottom of the rig on the left (if you are facing the front panel) that adjust the carrier null. I can't remember which ones they are but they are on the tx board. the manual should tell you which ones they are. I tweaked these to renull my carrier and that all but eliminated the make and break rf spikes.

73,

rob / k5uj