[TenTec] Argonaut V Audio

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V Audio
From: Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:41:27 -0800 (PST)
>From my experiments, 300hz (and below) is negligable.
I suspect if the transmit audio is noticably "thin",
there more attenuation at other frequencies. At 400hz
or 500hz it's pretty obvious.

Re: [TenTec] Argonaut V Audio
from [joel hallas]

Stuart,

I certainly agree with you, all except for the words
"optimum" and "proved". I have this vision that the
Bell Labs folk who defined those limits were male folk
with more grey hair than I have! 300-3000 is perfect
for both their transmission and reception, but put a 7
year old granddaughter on the line and you will
quickly decide they might have looked a bit wider!

OTOH for us old(ish) mostly male hams (who aren't
allowed to play the flute on the air, anyhow) it is
perfect!

73, Joel, W1ZR