[TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Questions - My first
From: JT Croteau <jt.w6fo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:33:17 -0500
In about two hours, I am getting a rig I have loved to operate at friends
shack and always wanted in my own shack.. a Paragon!

The person I am getting it from thought it was a Paragon II but from things
he has said, such as it lacks FM and RS232, this tells me it is most likely
an original Paragon.

The rig hasn't been turned on in a number of years but was supposed to be in
electrically sound, along with cosmetically, the last time it was used.  Is
there anything I should do or be on the lookout for before turning it on for
the first time?

Also, it has a Giehl chip but no documentation for it.  I've tried emailing
Giehl several times over the past couple weeks but he is not answering
emails.  Anyone happen to have any docs on this chip they'd be willing to
share?

Lastly, what is a favorite microphone for use with this rig?  My rig won't
be coming with a mic.

Thanks much.

73's
W6FO